Sunday, October 19, 2008

Julia's First Buncan Party

Wednesday night, Julia had her first buncan party. Okay, it was just one guest, but oh.....so much fun! Emmy got to spend the night with us Wednesday night because her mom was in San Francisco for a work trip. Emmy stayed with Becca and Neall and I had to beg them to share her with me for one night. Life was a little different with another little one....just two of everything. Two suppers, baths, wake ups, two to get dressed, two to get in the car seats and two to drop off at the sitters. Thanks goodness for sweet Emmy. That girl is such a trooper....she just goes with the flow and is as happy as can be. All that and I was only 15 minutes late for work!

Two squeaky clean girls after their bath. I had to post this one because I knew Tara would crack up when she saw that the only picture I got of the two of them together was one with Emmy in her diaper and Julia looking like she is in a trance. Tara believes that diapers should be covered at all times....with no exceptions!

No Emmy, you can never leave!

This is Julia's favorite past times lately. She is fascinated by a book and turning the pages will keep her occupied for a long time. That and scooting around on anything she can find that will slide. Tonight, she scooted around on the pizza box for a good 20 minutes!

She has learned some new words lately. She says "ball" to anything that is anywhere near round. A pumpkin, a half eaten peach, a piece of potpourri....they are all balls. She is sleeping really well in her bed downstairs. Of course, "Daddy" is still her favorite word and her favorite person. She says his name a little differently than anything else she says....it's kind of high-pitched and sounds so sweet.

We had a quiet weekend around the house. John played some music Saturday night while Julia and I stayed at home. My parents came to visit. They also came Sunday and played with Julia while John and I cleaned house. Julia is terrified of loud, unexpected noises like the vacuum or blender. My parents had to take her outside so we could vacuum! Monday night, I am hosting book club at my house. It's always good to make me have a clean house!

1 comment:

jane bonady watson said...

That was so cute!!!! Little girls are so fun and Julia is so popular!! Did they stay up all night and put their panties in the freezer? Did they throw cereal all over the floor and short-sheet each other? Julia is having such a great life!

Love,
Aunt Jane