Monday, October 13, 2008

The Amazing Race

We had a very busy weekend and I have decided to let the pictures tell the story.
Friday night, a friend of mine from work, her 5 year old daughter Emily, Julia and I drove to Little Rock to participate in the Race for the Cure. The hospital receives a grant from the Komen Foundation every year and I thought that it was the least we could do to be there and participate in the largest 5K race in the nation. We stayed at the Peabody and Julia got to see the world famous ducks marching!

Julia did okay being away from home with only one meltdown. It happened at about 11:00 pm Friday night when after an hour of trying to make her go to sleep in the bed with me, I had to call downstairs and request a crib. Julia was sitting up in bed clapping. The crib finally arrived and she was asleep within 2 minutes of being put in it! She has never slept with us and she assured me that night that it wouldn't be happening anytime soon. She is a girl who needs her space!



Julia studying the menu in the Peabody lounge.

Julia having some breakfast and getting ready for the race. We were at the back of the fifty thousand people (no, I am not exaggerating!) with the strollers and the wheelchairs.


We figured out pretty quickly that it would be slow moving. It took us 1.5 hours to move 1 mile! It was an amazing and very emotional experience. I will not forget the sight of so many survivors and their families anytime soon.

This is a picture of a pretty perfect Sunday morning. Julia was swinging and I sitting next to her reading a book......Traveling Mercies, it's our book club book this month. We were both so happy to be outside until I got hit in the head by a falling persimmon!

A weekend project....this is a t-shirt that I made for Jack's 4th birthday!

Sunday afternoon, John, Julia and I headed to Marianna to attend Jack and Trent Felton's 4th Birthday party. We had a blast and I loved seeing all my friends from Marianna. Julia loved bouncing on the side of the blow up jumpy thing!


After the party, we headed to Memphis to meet my cousin Scottie and her fiance, Jason,who were visiting from NYC and my Aunt Jane. We had dinner at Corky's and then went to Aunt Jane's to visit. This was my first time to meet Jason and we LOVED him. He is a great guy and Scottie seems so happy with him. We are thrilled at the mere thought of a June wedding in NYC!

Julia providing all the entertainment at Corky's!

I love how my Aunt Jane celebrates everybody's birthday at one time. No matter when your birthday is during the year, we celebrate it with cake a a present whenever we can all get together. The cake this year was divine!!!

Scottie, Jason, Aunt Jane, Julia and I looking at old pictures of Scottie. We laughed alot and it brought back so many happy memories!

No comments: