Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My Little Atomic Fireball

Tonight, Julia had her first piece of candy. She plays a game that John has named, "Looking for Treasures," which involves what he believes to be her purposefully dropping food on the floor during meal time and then going to search for all the dropped pieces later. The next part of the game is that I do a finger sweep and pull out of her mouth whatever it is that she has found. Tonight, she found and ate a chewy atomic fireball (Yes, they make some chewy ones now!) Candy usually does not last long around here because John and I like to snack on it too much, but because those little bad boys are so painfully hot, we have had them around for a while. Julia got to share one that she found on the floor. She was so MAD when I finger swept it out of her mouth. I was prepared to wash her mouth out with cold water or whatever it took to ease her pain, but to my surprise, she continued singing and went on her merry way. Wow.




This picture explains why Julia will not be a cute little cow for Halloween.

Today was my Dad's birthday and this is Julia telling him happy birthday!

Speaking of talking, Julia has learned to identify some things and call them by their name. The first one is, "Daddy" and she says it when she sees him. She also says, "ball" alot....usually identifying anything that is round, like pumpkins. She says book too. Her favorite game, besides "Looking for Treasures," is to put books under her hands and crawl/slide around on the floor. They help her move faster and besides, it looks like a lot of fun! She is doing really well at Melinda's and she only cries now when I walk out the door and leave her. She is also still sleeping in her room at night. That is going really well because I can get a few things done (like sewing) while she is sleeping. Here was the conversation between John and I when I was packing up her pack n play which was her bed in our room....

John: "What are you doing?"

Me (already a little weepy about it): "I am putting up her bed since she is sleeping in her room now."

John: "Does that mean that she can never sleep in here again?"

Me: "Not necessarily."

John: "I'll miss it. Let's not put it up just yet."

So, it sits folded up in the corner of our room. But not yet packed away. Just in case.....

We got some pictures made a Kim Murphy's last week and they came in today. I have to admit that I am a sucker for some cute pictures. So once again, we will be on the Ramen noodle diet for a week or two to recover from the million dollars that I spent buying up the cute pictures.

No comments: