Sunday, January 25, 2009

One Small Step for Man and a Giant Step for Mankind

Julia decided that she wanted to walk today! John and I have been setting goals for her to start walking.....by Christmas, by New Years..... They all came and went! In my mind, I felt like she was still a ways away so I set Valentine's Day as my new date. This afternoon, she took one step while getting out of her car. John and I both saw it and I decided to put her in front on me and ask her to walk to Daddy. She took about one step and then just lunged into his arms. After cheers that resembled those at an NFL game, she decided that part was really fun and wanted to try again. She ended wanting to walk back and forth between us for a while and took three steps one time! I am so glad that John and I got to experience this milestone together! I had instant tears in my eyes....it was such a proud moment.


Later, my family came over to visit and this was the only picture I got of Julia in the freestanding mode!

This is Julia after her first stint with blackberries! She has learned to finger paint with any food on her high chair tray that is colorful and in liquid form and the blackberry juice worked beautifully. She has created some pretty amazing masterpieces already!

This little rocking chair was one that my Papaw bought me when I was little. 34 years later, another baby girl is loving it! This was what I looked into the living room and saw while I was cooking breakfast this morning. She even had her book and was reading it while sitting in her rocking chair.

This little duck is her new bedtime buddy. She kisses him with loud "mmmmmm whaaaas" as soon as she wakes up and sees him. Even though he's just a Halloween costume, he sure is sweet.

1 comment:

Pat said...

Congratulations, Julia!! Joy - glad you and John got to see it. JeeJee looks pretty happy, too!