Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My Country Tis of Thee

Today, Barack Obama was inaugurated as President of the United States. There were five times (I think I heard right) the number of people today in Washington DC as there were four years ago when President Bush was inaugurated. President Obama gave the best political speech that I have ever heard. Thank goodness for empty patient rooms at the hospital with TV's! I have to admit, I teared up more than once as I sat in that patient room with a diverse group of my co-workers listening to his powerful words. It was a proud moment for all of us in that room and I won't soon forget it.
Tonight, our TV has been glued to the festivities....that is after our very loud and very tiring game of hide and seek with Julia. I have never heard her belly laugh like I did tonight! John put her on his shoulders and I hid behind the corners in the house and yelled peek a boo when they came by. I thought Julia was going to fall off of his shoulders from laughing so hard!
Here's Julia's commentary on today's inauguration....
"Hey, isn't that Jon Bon Jovi????? TURN IT UP!"

Momma, what was Aretha thinking when she put that funny hat on? It cracks me up!"

"Enough of this! Where's ELMO?"

No comments: