Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Easter Cookies and Indian Cuisine....

Julia and I had dinner with the Jacksons and Kings Saturday night while John had some music-playing obligations. Neall and Becca whipped up some DELICIOUS Indian food that I am now obsessed with mastering at my own house! It is so much fun for me to watch Julia play and interact with other kids. She did a pretty good job and I have to believe that being at the sitters just a few hours a week has been a great help with her socialization skills. I remember when she was a tiny baby and would not let ANYONE other than John or I hold her. Now, she plays pretty independently and let Becca hold her for a while and sing to her. Julia loves a song and smiles big at the end of every song that you sing. Her favorite is row row row your boat. She requests it by saying "Row, Row" even when she is so sleepy that she can hardly keep her eyes open. We just sing it over and over again!
Julia and I baked our first batch of homemade cookies Saturday afternoon to take the Jacksons. We couldn't think of a more appropriate dessert than Easter-ish sugar cookies to go the with Indian cuisine. No, maybe yogurt raisins would have been more appropriate. Nonetheless, Julia and I had a great time in the kitchen whipping these up and it made for a great Saturday afternoon activity. And, she learned a new word.....COOKIE!


Here are the kids eating their dinner of chicken nuggets, spaghetti squash, pears, and ketchup. Caroline daintily ate her ketchup with a spoon while Julia helped herself to one of Caroline's chicken nuggets. Julia had never been offered any ketchup and she came up with a pretty creative use for it....finger painting! That's my girl.

No comments: