Saturday, January 31, 2009

A Load Off....

Some winter weather hit us this week. Fortunately, the worst of it missed us and we were never without electricity like so many of our close neighbors! It was a beautiful sight looking out our windows! I didn't get to enjoy a snow day at home because I work at a place that NEVER closes....not even for Christmas!! Thank goodness.

Thursday night was our annual Cross County Chamber of Commerce Banquet. It was a huge event to be involved in planning, but it went off without a hitch. As outgoing President, I had to do most of the introductions and speaking and let me tell you, there is nothing like standing up in front of 247 people and trying to sound sane! Overall, I think the whole banquet went really well and I was feeling about fifty pounds lighter when I woke up Friday morning! It was a happy moment to pass the gavel to the next leader. However, I have to admit, I enjoyed my time as Chamber president and was honored to serve! My favorite part of the night are the awards and I wanted to list the very deserving winners so I can always remember:
Civic group of the year: CherryFest

Farm family of the year- Matthew's Farms....sweet potatoes, that is!

Business of the Year- Hays Food Town.....Yay Hays!

Volunteer of the Year- Ms. Bertha Tuggle Hiserodt- for her famous Eldridge Court decorations!

Citizen of the Year- Bridgette Hart for her leadership role in the Downtown Revitalization efforts and her work with the Cross County Historical Society

My plaque....

John took this picture of me smiling BIG after it was over! He said the sweetest things to me when I came to sit down. I won't post it because I might blush, but thank you, John, for being my biggest supporter in everything that I do!

This was Julia's first experience with popcorn. She LOVED it and was holding the bowl so tight that her little fists were white! Excuse my very ugly pajamas!

Don't even think about taking this away! I finally had to step in when she started eating the unpopped kernels!

1 comment:

Kaye Butler said...

In the last picture, Julia looks like she could take you out! She's growing so fast!