Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Eating My Words....

I swore that my child would NEVER wear one of those stupid character shirts...and those shoes with the characters on them are just over the top. Until......

we spotted the little BeBa (Elmo) gem at Target! Yep, I am eating my words. Again.


This is a picture of what happens when you leave a 13 month old alone with the freezer. Usually she just pulls everything out, but this time she decided to take a bite of this ice cream sandwich that was in the bottom shelf....paper and all.

We took a family weekend retreat to Memphis this weekend. We all need a change of environment every now and then so we Pricelined a room in Germantown. I have never had a bad experience with Priceline and naming my own price. This little Residence Inn was no exception! We loved getting away, shopping and eating dinner. Julia is such a trooper and is just plain happy to be with her Mom and Dad at this point which we are taking full advantage of! Aunt Jane sent Julia this neat beaded purse that a friend of hers made by hand. Julia cannot stop touching all of the sparkly beads and likes to point and "count" each one.

A sidenote to myself and all of you mommas out there.....if you ever need 45 minutes of quiet time to get something accomplished...drive to Sonic and buy a large cup of ice. A Route 44 might just get you an hour!

Julia's newest trick....."Where's Julia's belly button?"

3 comments:

Pat said...

She just gets cuter every day! (And all mothers are just full of "eaten words!")

jennisg said...

I can so relate to this, I do however draw the line at the shoes....The shirts I can live with, but the shoes? just too much....

Kaye Butler said...

I ate those exact same words, also ate these words "The girls will never wear those stupid light up shoes".

Also, buy a 13 year old a route 44cup cherry coke at sonic...buys you at least 30 min. of quiet time. The coke has to be drank, eat the cherry and then eat the ice...quiet...no VERY LONG stories of A Day In Junior High...