Saturday, February 7, 2009

Leaving My Other Half....

I am headed to Albuquerque tomorrow! This will be my first time to leave my girl in our 14 months together and I am feeling a little weepy. John and I have discussed at great lengths the importance of him being extremely nice to me when I call and giving me LOTS of details about Julia. None of this, she's fine business...I need all the juicy details! After I asked him today for the hundredth time what I would do without my little baby girl, he asked me, "What about me....won't you miss me?" I felt bad and immediately said, YES! Sometimes I forget that he needs assurances too from time to time! The truth is, I absolutely will miss both of them terribly. John will have his hands full with Julia for 4 days and 3 nights. I have no doubt that they will do fine though, Julia still prefers her Dad over me! Enough whining...I will have a good time in New Mexico and will be so incredibly happy to walk off that plane Wednesday evening at 7:32 (but whose counting?) pm and see both of them!

We have had an interesting week. Jon David and Ashley and John and I decided we were going to swap nights with the kids and go see Benjamen Button. Well, here's what living in a small town will get you....they dropped off Caroline and got to the movie and it wouldn't even show because there were only 4 people there. They need a minimum of 5. They even offered to pay for the absent fifth person if they would just show the movie, but they still wouldn't show it! Poor Ashley and JD decided to go home and clean their kitchen instead! Caroline and Julia had a blast playing together and John and I had a really good time watching Julia play and interact with another child! Caroline is a sweetheart and incredibly brilliant. We hope that she comes back to play again soon!

The plan was for John and I to go see the movie the next night and leave Julia at Caroline's house. Unfortunately, Melinda (Julia's sitter) called me at work Thursday and told me that Julia was running a fever of 101.3! I raced to pick her up and she was pretty pitiful! This was our first experience with fever and we both panicked and I am sure overreacted. John even got a lovely speeding ticket as soon as he left EACC in Forrest City. He was on the phone with me and I am sure I sounded way more hysterical than I should of been. Fun times... Julia is still running some temperature and doesn't feel 100%. We are hoping that it is just a virus or teething issues.

Enough....am going to pack.

No comments: