Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday Emmy and Happy Valentine's Day Julia!

Emmy's birthday party was a great way for Julia and I to spend our second Valentine's Day together! Tara went ALL out on her party and we had a blast. Emmy was a beautiful birthday girl and had so many friends and family to celebrate her big day with.

Emmy blowing out her candles on her front porch

Emmy's birthday cake was delicious. Fortunately or unfortunately, however you choose to look at it, Julia dropped our piece in the grass, so I only got to try one bite. I think it was divine intervention because I so did not need to eat that cake!


Julia loved pushing the wagon, but wouldn't get in it and be pushed!

Her favorite toy was the sandbox! She got sand in her clothes, her diaper, and ate 2 or 3 good hand fulls of it.

Guess I will be headed to the store soon to buy Julia one of these little motorized four wheelers. To be honest, I am not certain how she has survived this long without one. She is deprived.

Sol and Julia watching the festivities.

This is Julia at Miss Melinda's Valentine's party. She was giving the stuffed dog a kiss that Miss Melinda gave her. She kisses everything that has a face, except her Momma and Daddy. She kisses animals in books, but especially stuffed animals. She says, MMMMM WAAAA when she kisses them! Julia was everyone's Valentine sweetheart this year! She even got a Valentine surprise book from her Great Aunt Amy and Uncle Jim in California. The book was all about smooches and we have read it many times already. I hope it helps Julia to understand why I feel the need to give her at least 100 kisses a day!
On Valentine's Day, she got at least 125!

Here are all of the kids tha stay at Miss Melinda's. Of course, John and I were the only DORK parents who attended the Valentine's Day party. They had cupcakes (which Julia didn't touch), cookies, and a rice krispy treat (which she ate every bite of!). I am sure that Julia will be subject to many more DORK parent moments in her lifetime!

My Valentine with leftover Valentine chocolate covered pretzels on her mouth. Thank you John for supplying us with the good Valentine junk food!

This is Julia's new favorite game....get Spooky's tail as it hangs down the side of the couch. Poor Spooky!
Julia laughs SO hard when she wags her tail!

Last weekend's sewing project that I have been dreading....and my first upholstery job! It was a piece of foam that I covered in this cute fabric to make a window seat cushion.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Joy, love the cushion - is if for your lovely abode? I can't believe how big Julia's getting - I'm starting to see a strong resemblance to you when I met you at about the same age!

Joy Shepherd said...

Hey Aunt Amy!
No, I don't think I could pull off this zebra print in my house...even though I really like it! Thanks for saying Julia looks like me! We get a lot of mixed opinions about who she looks like. Can't wait to hear Anna and Brian's news!!!!

Joy Shepherd said...

Hey Aunt Amy!
No, I don't think I could pull off this zebra print in my house...even though I really like it! Thanks for saying Julia looks like me! We get a lot of mixed opinions about who she looks like. Can't wait to hear Anna and Brian's news!!!!