Sunday, February 15, 2009

Home Sweet Home!

So, I am back from New Mexico! I had a huge lump in my throat the whole way from home to the airport. I couldn't even say goodbye to John when he dropped me off at the terminal! I finally swallowed the lump when I got on the plane and guess who we sat by???? None other than CHEECH and CHONG! Yep, fun times. I tried not to be a dork and stare but I did steal this photo of Cheech walking in the airport. Sorry for the blur, but you can make out his bald head! I found out later that they had reunited and had done a gig in Tunica over the weekend!

Janet Perry was a great traveling buddy! We basically stayed SO busy with meetings ALL day and good food, fun and drink at night that all I could do was pass out (no, not from too much wine!) in the bed when the day was over. This was good because I didn't have much time to cry over missing my girl! This is Janet and I at the bottom of a tram that pulled us up a mountain. Thank God it was dark because I would have been sick from the heights if I could have seen!

A beautiful Albuquerque sunset!


If there had been a movie camera when Julia and I reunited at the airport after 3.5 days and 3 nights, we would have won an Oscar! I couldn't wait to get my hands on her! I just dropped all of my bags and ran like a mad woman in front of all the taxis and cars to get to her! Then, when I got home it was time to make treat bags for Julia's Valentine party at Miss Melinda's! I never thought I would be doing this!

The trip was good for lots of reasons: We had a really good time. I met some great people from all over the United States. I met some government officials who could really help my career in grantwriting! The New Mexico food was great. Janet was so fun and easy to travel with. I had never been to New Mexico before....another state to check off of my list! Even though I felt like I had cut off my right arm when I left Julia and that I couldn't shake the strong feeling of having "forgotten" something the entire time I was gone, it was nice to have a little break from the responsibilities of having this precious little life to care for 24/7! By the way, John and Julia did great! My parents kept her for one day, so he got a little break. She punished me for leaving her by not sharing a Cheerio with me when we got in the car at the airport. She kept handing it to her Daddy! She finally shared something with me a couple of days later....even if it was a yucky carrot!

No comments: