Saturday, November 1, 2008

One Fall Saturday

Today, Wynne hosted it's 10th annual Mid South Marathon. It is a Boston Qualifier and we had over 400 runners in town. The hospital is a big sponsor of this race and so I get to volunteer on the committee. We worked hard, but it is always rewarding when we hear people talking about what a great race it is and how they love the small town, friendly atmosphere.



Some of the runners getting ready to cross the finish line!

My parents and Sarah came over to help with Julia this afternoon so that John could have some time to do his school work while I was at the marathon. The weather was perfect today, and Julia loved spending time with them crawling around outdoors. She was filthy when I got home which is always a good sign that she has had some fun. I never want to be one of those Mom's that worries about their kids getting dirty....that might mean that Julia is missing out on some fun!


Then, we headed to Whit's 4th birthday party in Birdeye. We had a blast there, too! Their house is a beautiful family home that they have restored. It looked like a fairy tale when we pulled up!



Birthday boy, Whit with his delicious curls! He had a batman themed party. Julia got to enjoy her first piece of fried catfish. She sucked on it like it was a lollipop. She ate the whole thing and loved every bite! Then, John called me and said, "It's okay that I gave Julia some of that Hawaiian Punch that's in the fridge, isn't it? That's juice, right?" Uh, you might as well have given her some Pepsi. John has so clue about foods and their nutritional value.

Julia spent the entire time at the party crawling around EVERYWHERE! She is a girl that likes to be on the move! I tried to put her in the blow up toy, but she wasn't having it.

Oh but I just couldn't resist.....she will love me for this one someday. This is Julia giving the baby kisses in the mirror after her bath.

No comments: