Saturday, November 22, 2008

Favorites....

This week has been a busy one. I have been staying up late sewing alot trying to do all my orders for Christmas! We had book club Monday night and unfortunately, not one person accomplished Grapes of Wrath. I gave it a good try and got less than half way. John was so disappointed in me and couldn't wait to tell me what happened at the end. I finally gave in and let him tell me five minutes before I left. I hope to pick it up again soon and finish it. I am a little bit distracted right now with Twilight because some friends are completely obsessed by the series and have given all four books to me. They ask me daily what page I am on so I am getting some pressure to finish it! Our book club book this month is The Last Lecture. Looking forward to that one too.


John is doing really well at school this semester and I accuse him of being the teacher's pet. I am not sure that he would admit it, but I think he is loving being in school. He is so smart and makes the highest grades in his class a lot of the time.


Julia is a blast these days. She is learning so much. Some of her favorite things are:


1. Books...she is very content to look at books. Her favorite is Pat the Bunny because it is interactive. She is so brilliant.....she can do every page. She has even memorized what comes next and does some of the motions before I even get to the sentence. For example....Judy's book says "Hear the tick tick bunny?" and the next page says "How big is bunny.....so big." When Julia hears me say tick tick, she has already thrown her arms up in the air for SO BIG! Wow, I am certain that she is going to have to skip a couple of grades at school because she is so stinking smart!

2. CDs with kids singing

3. Her bottle...baba to her. She asks for it first thing in the morning. She will be one year old next Saturday and the things that I read say to take away their bottle at age one. I am sad to think about taking it away because she loves it so much. And, she cuddles so sweet after she has it before bedtime.

4. Food. She is still a good eater. Broccoli, lasagna, tuna out of a can, black beans, grapes, bananas, apple juice. Just about anything....she is not very picky.

5. Walking around the house. She comes to us and reached her hands up to grab ours to let us help her walk around the house. Her balance is improving, but we still guess that she is a little ways from walking without our help. I am in no hurry.

6. Anything with buttons that she can push. She can climb to the top of the stairs and her best motivation is the green button on the printer that beeps when she pushed it. She likes the phones, remotes, satellite boxes, etc.

7. Her Dad. She is still such a daddy's girl. She always has a big smile for him and will reach to go to him almost always.

8. To talk and sing. She is speaking very good Chinese and knows several words. Some new ones are "Melmo" (Elmo), "Beebaaah" (Big Bird), dog, momma, baba and +(bottle).

9. Her two fingers and taggie. She loves her taggie (a little soft blanket with satin tags sewn all around it) and her two fingers when she is tired or uncomfortable.







This picture was taken last Saturday morning after John cooked pancakes. She was tired and couldn't find taggy, so the pancake had to serve the purpose. We laughed so hard!

This week we went walking with Soloman, Becca, and Mary Margaret. Sol and Julia loved (well loved might be a strong word) being in the double stroller.

One of my favorite picture of them playing in the leaves.

Speaking of favorites, I got to treat myself to my all time favorite musical tonight....Mamma Mia!!! There were six of us that went and we had a great time. We ate dinner at Circa....of my, delicious seared tuna!!!!!

No comments: