Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A Day in History

Yesterday, Barack Obama was elected President of the United States. He has campaigned with a promise for CHANGE, and I hope that we can all unite and see some positive changes under his leadership! It marks an important day in history not only because he is our first African American President, but because he won by such a huge margin and because of his liberal views on most issues. It's my policy not to talk politics in mixed company, but I will say that I am optimistic about what the next few years might bring and believe that our country will become an even better place.


And just as important as the Presidential election, today was the opening day for Wynne's new Hays Food Town! I couldn't resist fighting the crowd and seeing the inside for myself and after all, I needed some rice to cook for dinner. Julia and I ran in after our walk and it is a beautiful store! Congratulations to our friends, the Kings!




With the economy being so bad, we cannot afford a wagon for Julia. So, her Pappaw had to make one out of a Pampers box and his leather belt to pull her around in Sunday afternoon. And, the tent in the background is actually a temporary dog kennel that Mom found in some one's trash on the side of the road. Poor Julia.

1 comment:

Kaye Butler said...

Not commenting on the election...I've had enough of that for a while.

The wagon...too cute, but its just to start. You should go bigger...make her a train, a house, all kinds of possibilities...it will keep you and her busy!