Sunday, December 12, 2010

A Thankful Heart

My heart overflows this Thanksgiving season! John and I got to go to Julia's Thanksgiving feast at wee school. I love having a job that is right here in Wynne and flexible enough to allow me to be a part of Julia's school activities. It is so interesting to see Julia at school and watch her interact with her classmates and teachers. They say that she is a very good girl which makes me feel so proud!

Not a great picture, but here are some of Julia's classmates. Parker, Yazuki and Mrs. Joni is in the blue shirt. Yes, they had CHEETOS for their Thanksgiving feast!

Happy Julia at art class. She made a hand print turkey!

Miss Laura helping Hadley with her hand prints.

Julia had a pretty bad accident around Thanksgiving while playing "Timber." This is the game where you fall straight forward or straight back and land on a pillow. This night, she misjudged the distance and fell forward on to the window sill. She had a golf ball size knot appear on her forehead within the first minute. I called the dr. (and my mother) since John was gone working and we decided to let it be. Five weeks later, the knot is still there but is much smaller. Dr. Beth assures us that it will go away in time. It was a traumatic and scary time!

I love this picture of Tara and Julia!

Julia likes to get in her closet where the bookcase is and read books. She could stay in there for hours. She talked Emmy into finding some books too while she was here visiting.

Thanksgiving afternoon, we went to my parents house for lunch. We came home and cooked a turkey because I couldn't stand for Julia not to have turkey on Thanksgiving. We ate a late traditional turkey dinner and then put up the tree. I had lots of help!

Then, I did something that I have laughed at people for! Headed to Wal Mart at MIDNIGHT to catch the Black Friday sale. HAD to get Julia's birthday present and was successful! I hope to make Black Friday an annual event. Next year, I hope to bring a lawn chair and watch all the madness. Great entertainment! Oh, the things we do for love.

No comments: