Sunday, October 17, 2010

An All Pink Weekend!

Julia and I had a great girls weekend that started out in Little Rock where we met up with my co-worker and friend, Amanda and her 7 year old daughter Emily. We met up at the Museum of Discovery and Julia loved it.

Julia and Emily at the entrance of the bug exhibit. As always, Julia keeps a safe distance from anything that even resembles something that could move. Her question to me the entire exhibit was, "It's not real, is it mommy?"

Again, a VERY safe distance!

This was her favorite thing at the museum. These tooth tools made real sounds and she spent a lot of time polishing and drilling these teeth.

Another favorite was the wall of magnets. I think she could have stayed here all day.


Then, we went to the nature center in downtown Little Rock. Julia liked the fish and the gift shop best.

Then, we headed down to the Peabody hotel for the traditional 5pm duck walk. The girl in the pink t-shirt is a 14 year old breast cancer survivor!

Then, we checked into the fabulous Capitol hotel! I can't stop raving about it and I won't stay anywhere else in Little Rock (unless I have to!) ever again. This is a picture of our evening turndown service of bottled water and the best pecan toffee that I have ever had!

Our view from the hotel window

Heading out for the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure. I heard that there were over 40,00o women there this year making it the 3rd largest Komen race in the nation!

At the race. Julia was a little cranky at the end of our walk. She kept saying she wanted to go back to our hotel room. I really couldn't blame her.....
Emily and Julia dressed in pink ready for the race!
Firefighters in pink dancing to some very loud Snoop Dog!
And I am saving the best for last! Our pink weekend ended with Julia and I driving to Arkadelphia to meet our very beautiful and perfect new cousin, Mary Erwin! She is my cousin Leslie and her husband Richard's sweet baby girl and my Aunt Jane's first grandchild!
We wanted to take her home.

A better view of Mary Erwin's face. I love her already!

No comments: