Sunday, December 30, 2007

The Birth, continued.





Okay, back to the birth. I didn't put up too much of a fuss when she told me that I would need a c-section. Her reasoning was that I was not progressing and was really far off from having a vaginal delivery. I was never one of those pregnant women who had a birth plan and very strong ideas about how the delivery would go. So, I was happy to oblige to being wheeled down to surgery. I couldn't tell you what the OB looked like that delivered me, nor have I ever heard the voice or seen the face of the pediatrician that took care of Julia when she arrived. I can tell you about the face of the sweet anesthesiologist who was at my head and took some valuable pictures in the surgery room immediately after she came. I don't know her name, but I am so grateful for her talking to me and telling me what was going on during the delivery!

The next 24 hours were a logistical nightmare at UAMS and a nightmare for me because I couldn't leave my bed due to the dangers associated with walking while on the magnesium drip. Julia couldn't leave the nursery because of her IV. Her blood sugar was low when she was born due to my Type I diabetes. She eventually stabalized and came out, oh, so beautiful! I am attaching a picture for you to agree. So, for the statistics....

Julia Jean Shepherd
Thursday, November 29, 2007
9:41 pm
8 lbs. 6 oz.
36 weeks, c-section delivery at UAMS in Little Rock
Oh, life is so good!

No comments: