Sunday, December 30, 2007

And I Think to Myself....What a Wonderful World!

Well, I am giving this blog deal a shot. I have been telling myself that when I get caught up on thank you notes, I would start a blog for baby Julia. She was one month old this past Thursday!!! I am still not caught up on notes, but time is getting away from me. We have been so wrapped up in our new center of the universe!
What a JOY! I never knew what I was missing and noone could have told me. I never dreamed that I could love another tiny human being so much!
I want to record the facts of her birth so I never forget.
Thursday, November 29th, 2007
John and I drove to Little Rock for the second of our required weekly visits to Dr. Wendell's office at UAMS. I have been on bedrest for 2 weeks because of my blood pressure creeping up. I will be 36 weeks pregnant tomorrow. John and I had a great time at home for the past two weeks. We played scrabble on Direct TV, did crossword puzzles, and watched a lot of HGTV. He has taken such good care of me! This staying home business is a whole new world for me....I am typically such the go girl. I think I could get used to it!
Anyway....Dr. Wendell came in and told me that today was the day and that I needed to go to the hospital to floor 5 (Labor and Delivery) and check myself in. He says that we are having a baby either today or tomorrow. My blood pressure had spiked to a dangerous level.
Being the good employee that I am, I dropped a grant off at the health department before heading over to the hospital. WOW...that should get me a 3% raise easily! We got checked in and they started me on Pitocin and the magnesium (a terrible medicine to help me not to have a seizure due to my high blood pressure) drip around 3pm. John decided to head back to Wynne and get the cameras and other stuff that we had left behind. I assured him that he had plenty of time and convinced my parents not to come until tomorrow because I was sure that Julia wouldn't make her appearance until then! I talked on the phone to Tiffany and other friends while I was in labor to help keep my mind off of it. A nurse came in and asked if I was alone. I told her only temporarily. John got back the second they put in my epidural to help with the pain. I was having really bad back labor. A few minutes later, the doctor checked me and I was only dialated to 2. Not progressing fast enough, so she says a C-section is necessary.
Be back soon...John just came in with some Taco Bell.

No comments: