Friday, May 14, 2010

NYC 2010

I got to go on a girl's trip to NYC this Mother's Day. We left Memphis Wednesday and came home Mother's Day Sunday. I went with a friend, Leann, and another of her college friends Tiffany that I met for the first time at the airport! It was NYC like I have never experienced it. They made me venture out and see and do things that I have never done before. Some of my new favorites were the audio tour to the top of the Empire State Building, wandering through Soho, hanging out at Chelsea market (a very fun area of the city!) where they tape the Food Network, and the Museum of Modern Art....amazing and I can't stop thinking about it! Other highlights of the trip were seeing Billy Elliot on Broadway (an UNFORGETTABLE performance), hanging out with the cousin Scottie and her husband Jason that live in NYC (I loved every minute of being with them!), and shopping till we drop then having long lunches in outdoor Italian restaurants where they make the world's best pizza.
Sorry for the tiny pictures....I didn't even bring my own camera and took these from Tiffany's Facebook page. Here is Scottie, Tiffany and I at the Donut Plant, a tiny little hole in the wall place that makes the most delicious doughnuts. I had a coconut creme pie one, fresh out of the oven.


Leann, Tiffany, and I in front of our hotel, The Warwick. Great location....right in the middle of everything!

Us in the bottom of the famous LOVE sculpture in Manhattan.

Scottie and I enjoying lunch in Little Italy


Tiffany, me and Leann holding our cotton candy. It was served after our sushi dinner in a very fancy restaurant. I loved the unexpected twist. Who would have thought cotton candy??

Me, Leann and Tiffany after Billy Elliott on Broadway. LOVED it!

1 comment:

Keeli said...

Gosh Joy, Kara and I are gonna have to see Billy Elliot instead of Jersey Boys and we may have to it that donut shop...great travel blog!! lol!