Sunday, April 25, 2010

These Are the Days.....

I don't think its healthy to put the hose in your mouth to drink water.

Julia thought is was just fine.

Our first ever garden! I had some good influences this year and decided that now was the time to give it a try. Barbara Kingsolver's book, Animal, Vegetable, Miracle, may have been life changing read. I highly recommend it. Better yet, listen to it on tape read by the author and her daughter.

A close up of the tomatoes and bell peppers. The cucumbers, squash and carrots were planted by seed. I can't wait to see the first one! Julia and I check on it every day.

Julia, Sol and Katie Beth at Becca and Neall's while they were in Chicago. We hung out at their house and had a fish sticks party while the others went to the play. Baby girl Rose was fast asleep at 7:30, while these little ones were up and partying WAY past 10!

The next night, Tara and Emmy came to our house and we had a true buncan party. Tara, Emmy, Sol, Baby Rose, Julia and I all spent the night at our house. I think I only took two pictures because that was the only time that I had to pick up the camera. Baby Rose is the first baby EVER (I am not exaggerating!) to sleep with me. She was so sweet and cuddled all night. I am really thinking that I missed out on Julia sleeping in our bed....at least some of the time! Tara and I had big plans to get in the hot tub with a nice glass of wine after the kids had all gone to bed. I am cracking up.....so didn't happen. We were too whipped!

Loving the bubbles!

Emmy is so sweet and is such the little momma. She took such good care of Baby Rose.

Here we are at the Memphis zoo. It was a perfect day to be outside and we had so much fun. Julia like the elephant best and was more interested in climbing the rocks and walking around than seeing the animals.

She cried when this ride was over.

Tired Julia, winding down.

A very happy girl on the way home after sushi and Baskin Robbins pink bubblegum ice cream. She ate 6 pieces of California roll and wanted more. She loves Miso soup! She picked the pink ice cream with real bubble gum pieces in it. I kept trying to pick them out, but everytime she got one in her mouth, she would say,
"Those cherries are good!"

This might be one of my favorite pictures ever! Here's Julia having a dance party to John's music. This little girl can flat DANCE.

And the whole time, she's screaming, "FASTER, Daddy, FASTER!"

One afternoon, we decided to have a weenie roast. The hot dogs were fine and all, but really, the marshmallows are where its at. Julia could not keep her eyes off of them. She preferred the white ones over the brown (roasted) ones.


Running and playing in the rain.


Julia's first fingerpainting!

We are talking a lot about the potty lately. I brought in the living room so she wouldn't have to miss out on anything to use it. So far, it has served as a comfortable bench to watch Dora.
Another night, another dance party. John likes really loud music and so does Julia. Here they are dancing to Slash's new album.

After lots of screaming, laughing, and sweating, this dance party ended with a slow dance.
These really are the days!

3 comments:

Leslie Bright said...

LOVE the picture of her dancing! That is the picture of pure joy!

Tara Jackson Burton said...

love, love, love these pictures!!!

Courtney D. said...

precious!! she is so cute!!