Sunday, October 18, 2009

Fall Fun 2009

Julia and I dressed in our best Halloween outfits (I know, I swore I wouldn't dress my daughter in those stupid themed outfits....) and the three of us headed to Parker Pioneer Village last weekend.
Parker Pioneer Village has a festival every fall and they celebrate the way that things were done in the past. This was my first time to go and we had a blast. The kettle corn alone was worth the trip!

I don't know why we buy expensive electronic toys. Julia counted these beads for at least 20 minutes before I pulled her away!
Julia making some corn meal the old fashioned way.

The highlight of this trip was the seesaw. She laughed so hard and talked about the seesaw for days!

This past weekend, Julia and I took a road trip to Fayetteville to visit our friends and go to War Eagle arts and crafts fair. We had a great time and everybody especially loved the pumpkin patch.

Little Daniel Carey!



Julia and Mattie in the wagon looking for the perfect pumpkin.
Julia and I drove to Little Rock to spend the night at the Peabody with a friend of mine from work. It is becoming a tradition to stay at the Peabody and go to the Komen Race for the Cure every year. Once again, it was a great and very memorable experience! The picture above is sweet Emily helping Julia color.
Race for the Cure....I hear there were over 40,000 people there!
Even the Peabody ducks came out and walked on pink carpet!

Julia enjoying the music and an apple at the Race

Sunday was my favorite day of all because we didn't get out of our pajamas! Here's Julia helping me carve the pumpkin.

She loved squishing the insides of the pumpkin!


Ohhh, she loved this pumpkin! She gave it a bunch of hugs and kisses and wouldn't let me put in outside. It had to stay inside and go wherever she was.


It did turn out pretty good! I love a pumpkin carving kit!

No comments: