Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Fun, Fun and More FUN!

Julia turned 22 months yesterday and she is getting to be more fun by the minute. We have had a blast lately doing all kinds of kid stuff. She is speaking in sentences now and I thought I would list some common phrases that we are hearing around here....
"I told you I be right back."
"That was a good movie." This Richard Scarry movie about counting....she is obsessed! We have to watch it every night before we read books before bed. The last thing she says every night is, "That was a good movie."
"Are you ready to eat?"
"No like it."
"Sit right here you."
"I want a blankie/milk."
"Wanna play bwocks (blocks)?"
"What choo doing Daddy/Mommy?"
"You hear it Mommy? Daddy playin titar (guitar)?"
"Want read it again." We are now reading the same books over and over again at least three and sometimes even five times. Tonight was the exception. We read a book about pottying and she only wanted to read it once....lol.
Our sweet Sol turned two in early September and we celebrated with a Yo Gabba Gabba themed party. The jumpy was the deal this year. I have decided that all of us parents should just go in together and buy one and just move it from house to house.
I have to admit....the jumpies are fun. I would love to have a few minutes in one all by myself. For now, Julia is my excuse to "have" to get in there because she is a little shy and scared at first. She warms up fast though!
Julia getting ready to go to the PTA Fall Festival. She has her necklace on and eyeshadow ready.
Cute Julia! Thought I would post a picture of this dress because it will be the last time she gets to wear it.

Because....she accidentally got some paint on it while painting these pumpkins!


I had a moment of realization when I sat her up on that bench to paint....she is getting to be such a big girl and really didn't need or want my help at all!
All of the painted pumpkins waiting to dry. Julia's is in the far right hand corner. She used a lot of green in her piece of art.

She had to get in all four jumpies. Notice that this time I am not in there with her!

On the hayride.....

Leaving Fall Festival with a concession. PTA Fall Festival is at the top of my list. It was so much fun and was a little like stepping back in time. I am so happy that I have Julia so that I don't have to miss out on all the kiddie fun!


Sunday, Julia, John and I headed to Jonesboro to the Crowley's Ridge Nature Center. There was lots there to touch, see and hear. Julia's favorite thing was to push the buttons to hear the different bird sounds. She also liked the giant moose that was hanging on the wall.

Mesmerized by the fish and turtles

Learning about bison

Touching the mushrooms on our hike

Holding Daddy's hand on the hike

No comments: