Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A Week Gone By....


Meet sweet Joan Terhune. She was christened last Sunday in Memphis at St. Luke's Episcopalian Church. Since I am honored to be her Godmother, we all got to spend a great day with some of my favorites! Tracy (her mom) and I have known each other since we were little and became good friends in high school. She and Brad are two of the coolest people that I know and I am so happy to play such an important role in the life of little Joanie!

Lunch at Tracy and Brad's

Our next adventure was to lay some Bermuda sod at our house. My parents helped while Sarah kept Julia occupied inside. We worked hard but it looks GREAT! I can actually see some light at the end of the this landscaping project tunnel. We still have a lot to do, but green grass makes a huge difference! It's taken my body almost a week to recover, but I'm almost there. Many thanks to the family for their help!

Julia likes to sit on the kitchen counters while I am cooking. She picked up a raw onion and decided to try it.

Here's what she thought about it!

4th of July, Julia and I drove to Rogers to spend some time with the Vandiver's. They live in a really nice neighborhood where we were able to pull chairs into the front yard and watch an amazing firework show. Julia got to enjoy the show in her pajamas. She loved the fireworks for about ten minutes and asked, "What is that?" at least 200 times! She called them "crackers."

We went to the Fayetteville Botanical garden too and had a great time. I have never been to a botanical garden because I always thought it was what old people did....LOL! Now that I have my own project going, I have become much more interested in plants. There was a section of the garden that was designed especially for children and Julia loved it. I think we could have stayed there all day....if there wasn't such good shopping in the area....

Mattie looking in after Julia and Daniel. Mattie (who is 6) was so sweet to Julia while we were there. I think she is Julia's new idol!


When we got back, I got to have a girl's night out to see Wicked at the Orpheum in Memphis. We had a blast and Wicked was pretty incredible. I could have watched it again the very next night!

No comments: