Monday, July 13, 2009

Now That's My Girl!

Julia is 19 and a half months old! She keeps us laughing and I could just sit and watch her all day. She still loves to "read" books. Her reading skills have improved lately and she will name one or two objects on each page that she is reading. These names are usually jumbled between 10 Chinese phrases. Her favorite toy is her Weebleville, these little rolly people who live in a plastic house with slides and elevators. She is a good and healthy eater and will try just about anything we put in front of her. She loves watermelon and most fresh fruit. Her bedtime is usually a little after 9 and she wakes up around 7:45. Great timing.....she wakes up just as I am leaving for work and who can resist saying good morning to their baby girl? I am late everyday! Julia is talking and has made some good sentences lately. "Mup (Come up on the bed), Elmo, TV" "Airplane in the sky gone bye bye" Her brilliance amazes me!
Shawnie brought us a pineapple from Hawaii. I didn't know what I was missing out on by buying canned pineapples.

Julia has a new obsession----"coco's (colors)" She loves these markers and hoards them. She spends as much time taking the lids off and on as she does coloring.

Julia likes to sit on the air conditioning vent in her room and read books or color.

Sol and Julia enjoying a delicious summer meal. I asked her if she wanted to go see Sol. She thought I said "see saw." So now, whenever I show her a picture of Sol and ask her who is that, her first answer is Emmy and her second is see saw!

I am one proud momma watching Julia help with the evening chores. She even swept UNDER the chair!

No comments: