Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Things That I Loved Today.........

Mary Katherine and little Daniel Carey came to stay with us this weekend and we had a blast! Daniel is less than a month younger than Julia and it is so much fun to watch them. We spent Saturday in Memphis and drug the babies around everywhere. They did amazingly well and Mary Katherine and I just took turns sitting in the car with them while they napped. Julia only had a couple of "meltdowns." These meltdowns are most common when she has been let out of the stroller to walk and has gotten a taste of freedom and then loses her freedom to be put back in the stroller or carseat. She gets SO mad and arches her back and screams LOUD! She ended up sliding straight through her stroller and landed flat on the floor in the JCrew dressing room during one of her hissies. I just smile and try to make a quick exit!


We found a delicious sushi restaurant called Edo's. It's my new favorite! It's been around forever, but we just discovered it after it was recommended by some friends and by some Japanese men who own a company here in Wynne.

This picture is a good example of what happened when we tried to get these very busy babies to pose for a picture.....LOL!

Julia looks so thrilled in this one too...don't you think?



This is another reason that I love living in Wynne. Julia and I have been walking everyday after I get off work. We park in the driveway of a very sweet lady who is in her mid 80's that I have known all of my life. Yesterday after our walk, I got in my car to find this.....a bag full of warm, fresh cooked spaghetti and some delicious homemade Chex mix.


Both were a gift from this sweet lady. Tell me....in what other town could we live in where dinner would magically appear in our car after a walk?


Another thing that I loved today.....I heard loud screaming (screams of excitement, that is) twice yesterday in the neighborhood where we walk. A senior from Wynne High School got his acceptance letter to HARVARD and was sharing his news with friends and teachers. He may be the first Wynne High School graduate ever to attend Harvard!

No comments: