Monday, December 1, 2008

The Day Before Thanksgiving

Julia had her one year old pictures made today at Kim Murphy's. I worked really hard to make sure that she had the cutest everything.....I stayed up late sewing her outfit, I made her a party hat that says "Julia is 1", I ordered her the cutest cupcake ever, and I had balloons blown up for the picture background. The idea is to take a couple of pictures in her regular outfit and then strip her down and let her tear into her cake. Unfortunately, Julia had a different idea. She wanted to cry instead and she was not interested in her cake at all!

After about 30 minutes of an all out wrestling match, I finally told Kim that I didn't think these pictures were meant to be. She agreed and I am sure she was more than happy to see us go. I left with sweat dripping down my forehead and a complete wreck! Julia continues to teach me lessons everyday. She taught me today that it doesn't matter what my plan is if she is not on board. She also taught me that not all babies love cake????

This is what was left of her cupcake after she arched her back while throwing a fit and landing in it! I guess noone except me, John, and Kim Murphy will ever know how cute it really was!

Julia recovered quite well from the pictures almost immediately after we got into the truck. She pointed to the balloons in the back and said in her sweetest voice, "Ball!" We went to Jonesboro to get the tree and a fresh turkey for John to grill. Here we are on our way home.

Julia and I went to Jon David and Ashley King's to celebrate pre-Thanksgiving with friends. Julia had a blast playing with everybody and it was a great time. This is her in Caroline's cozy coupe car. I think we decided what to get her for Christmas. She loved this car and wouldn't get out!

Sweet Soloman slept peacefully through all of the loud festivities!

Julia was way too interested in their Christmas tree. This worries me a little. Let's hope she doesn't like our near as well!

No comments: