Sunday, March 21, 2010

California Dreamin....

Pebble Beach

I just got back from a great trip to California. Mary Katherine went with me and it's easy to forget that I did go there because it was a required work trip because we managed to fit so much fun in between the work! We flew out of Northwest Arkansas to Sacramento last Sunday afternoon and visited Napa Valley when we got there. We drove to San Francisco where we stayed until Wednesday for my meetings. Highlights in San Francisco were our hike through Muir Woods, dinner in North Beach, Wicked (yes, it was my THIRD time to see it!), the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (very memorable!), and of course, the shopping. I LOVE me some Anthropologie!


We left San Francisco at noon Wednesday and headed south on Highway 1. It was an amazing drive and the scenery is unforgettable. We didn't have much of an agenda and I really prefer to travel that way. We stopped when we saw something interesting and made lots of side trips. The trip was the best of everything.....wineries, the city, the beach, the theater, museums, the woods, books on tape, lots of good food, a great traveling companion, and I could go on! We made our way to LA Friday to fly home and only had to buy one extra piece of luggage to haul all of our new purchases home ;)

The wineries.....

Hearst Castle.....very interesting tourist stop in San Simeon!

And true to my crazy ways, I left Fayetteville at 10 pm Friday night and drove straight home to my baby girl because I couldn't bear to be without her for another second. I tried to wake her up when I got home at 3 am with lots of kisses, but she wasn't interested. She made up for it with her squeals of happiness when she woke up Saturday morning! John said she didn't ask for me once while I was gone.

No comments: