Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Snow Days 2010

We've had more snow here this year than I can ever remember. Fortunately, only two hours without electricity. There are a lot of great things about living in the country, but snow and ice are not one of the benefits. Our road is rarely, if ever, traveled and it makes leaving difficult. I missed two half days of work and only made it in because a friend with 4 wheel and cookie sheets DO work just fine. John says this one will never be the same......

First, Julia and I
Then, Julia and Dad

Then, Julia by herself...again and again and again! As soon as the "sled"starting slowing down, she would scream, "I wanna go again!" But then would cry when she realized she had to walk up the hill to get the 3 second downhill rush! She made the curve and missed all the trees just fine.

John was proud of himself for capturing this masterpiece.

Julia and I sporting our matching mother and daughter aprons hand made by by Aunt Amy and shipped from California. It was such a treat to get these beauties in the mail! The only challenge with these was trying to explain to Julia that she could not sleep in the apron.

Trying her first bite of snow ice cream. (Excuse the ugly princess pajamas....I so swore I would NEVER!)

No comments: