Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Grillin and Chillin

The happiest news this week was the arrival of sweet Rose Ryan Jackson! Sol now has a precious baby sister. I got to hold her last week and I forgot how tiny newborns really are and even better, how soft and cuddly they are. I could have held this little cuddle bug all night!

Back at home, our big girl has been busy grilling us some chicken every night on the grill that her grandparents got for her. She is talking in sentences and soaks up several new phrases every day. Last week it was, "Oh my gosh," "Oh my," and "Who knew?" Her new favorite song is "C is for Cookie." She screams with excitement when it comes on and as soon as its over she says, "Sing Cookie again? Okay Julwa!" She answers all of her questions to us with "OK Julwa" meaning that we are supposed to say yes. "Eat some chips? OK Julwa!" "Want wash hands? OK Julwa!"
Oh, she keeps us laughing and John and I usually end every day by telling each other funny Julia stories. What did we ever do without her?

She had a blast swimming this weekend! She was so brave and laughed out loud most of the time she was in the water. She loved playing Motorboat and would even jump off the side into my arms.

She even stuck her face in the water and would try to blow bubbles.

The sidewalk chalk and body art was almost as fun as being in the water.
My birthday was yesterday and I thanked John this morning for helping to give me the best birthday ever. First, my favorite meal of grilled salmon, fresh asparagus, and a sweet potato. Then, a very sweet note left of my desk and a sweet birthday card. Last, a great and relaxing night at home with my bestest peeps...John and Julia. John laughed at me when I thanked him and said that five years ago, I wouldn't have called staying at home doing nothing my best birthday. It's all about simple abundance these days.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Happy belated birthday Joy! Julia looks like she'll be a swimmer for sure - love the barbeque, precious!