Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Some Days in May


We took Julia to the park in Parkin last Sunday afternoon.
Her favorite is the slide!

Picking flowers....


"Smelling" flowers (with her mouth, instead of nose!)....

I finally got my new camera. It's a gem and I am just sad that I haven't had it all along!
This was the first picture that I took with it....just us hanging out with the sidewalk chalk.
Julia's first ear of corn. I think it's her new favorite food.
Julia hanging out with me at Relay for Life in Wynne. She didn't jump in the bouncy, but stayed close to the opening where I was standing.
John played a festival in downtown Harrisburg. He is to the far left. The music was located in the town square in front of the beautiful court house.
Sadly, this is what the rest of the downtown looked like. It's so typical of rural Arkansas.....these old downtowns are slowly dying.
Julia was John's biggest fan. Until......
She spotted the ducks and met Julie, her new best friend who worked at the duck booth. Julie is in the brown shirt and I could not believe my eyes when Julia let her pick her up and love on her! Julia just hugged her and patted her on the back like she had known her forever.
All that loving was probably because Julia knew that Julie would let her play the duck game as many times as she wanted.
Got one!

Julia got to pick out whatever prize she wanted. She picked the guitar......go figure. Another of the million things that I said I wouldn't do......get sucked into those crazy carnivals and those silly toys.

Yeah, right.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Joy, What a precious little girl! Again, the photos remind me of you at that age. And congrats on the new camera - now we get to see more! Can't wait to meet Julia live and in person in July, finally!